At AEROTRANSCARGO FZE (ATC), each and every member is multi-disciplined & is trained to the highest international standards and is committed to achieving complete freight solutions, operational safety and customer satisfaction.
Joining us you will be supported by experts in all areas of cargo aviation management and service. As a dynamic business we are always interested in hearing from career-minded cargo aviation, management and customer service professionals. If you think you have what it takes to complement our unique offering, we would like to hear from you.
Job Responsibilities :
- Exercising operational control within safe efficient planning and monitoring of a flight.
- Studying aircraft performance and limitations and make decisions on flight acceptance.
- Providing day-to-day administrative, functional and technical direction to the Flight Dispatch and Load Planning.
- Analyzing operational conditions and identify any opportunities that may constrain impede, or benefit operational capabilities inclusive of, but not limited to weather, facilities, Air Traffic Control, and aircraft performance.
- Arranging various services for the flights in the airports of operation, this includes handling services, slots and permits.
- Scheduling the Fleet respecting the crew duty times and best cost efficient policy.
- Performing Operational Flight Watch and for determining if changes to operational and meteorological conditions may affect the safety of flights within a prescribed area or on.
- Assigned routes, and for communicating those changes to the Pilot-in-Command.
- To provide the Pilot-in-Command with a thorough and professional flight crew briefing, covering all significant information which may impact the operation of his flight.
- Initiating Accident Alarm Procedures, and assessing and issuing Flight Incident Category Reports, as required, inclusive of the corporate notification process and maintaining a written log during the incident.
- Resolving with CAMO, the pilot-in-command, Flight Operations Management and Pilots as required, problems caused by any aircraft deviation from standard which may limit or impact flight operational capabilities, and to communicate any operational limitations as required.
- Liaising with the Ground Operations Manager, for the purposes of maintaining dispatch standard operating procedures and all applicable sections of the Company Operations Manual.
- Running Reports and statistics relate to Operational matters as required by the management.
- Ensures smooth workflow between shifts by carrying proper handover/takeover pre and post flights.
- Stays updated with changes to Company’s manuals, Aircraft Manufacturers publications, States or other regulatory bodies publications.
Qualifications and Experience
Bachelor’s degree in Science/Math/Aeronautical Engineering/ Industrial Engineering/ Management or equivalent from a recognized university is highly desirable for this role.
- Flight Dispatcher License
- Minimum of 07 years’ experience in a similar position including 3 years as a Senior Dispatcher in a reputable airline flight operations (OCC) or an aviation company. Including experience on B747-400 or similar size aircraft, Worldwide routes, Pacific and Atlantic routes.
- Long Haul and worldwide operation experience.
- Familiarity with aircraft performance, (preferably with wide bodied aircrafts), international regulations, EASA rules, operations manual (OM) and flight entry requirements. Previous experience in a military and/or governmental flight operation department will be considered as a strong asset;
- Proactive personality with strong organizing skills, team-oriented, flexible approach and able to provide solid results under high pressure
- Excellent communication skills in English / oral and written; additional languages will be preferred;
- IT skills/experience in use of dispatch related software – flight planning systems (i.e. PPS, Jetplanner), SITA/AFTN communications, /ops control systems and MS Office applications
- Willingness to work on shifts.
- Excellent command of the English language both written and spoken.
- Candidates must be Multitasked, flexible, and able to handle the pressures of work.
If you believe that you have all these skills, can confidently demonstrate them, and can be part of our team, then we would like to hear from you, and arrange for you to come and see us. We would be offering an interesting pay scale to the right person.
Job Type: Full-time