What is Novel Coronavirus [COVID-19]
Date: 10th May 2020 – 0144 UTC
Coronavirus disease (COVID-19) is an infectious disease caused by a newly discovered coronavirus.
Most people infected with the COVID-19 virus will experience mild to moderate respiratory illness and recover without requiring special treatment. Older people, and those with underlying medical problems like cardiovascular disease, diabetes, chronic respiratory disease, and cancer are more likely to develop serious illness.
AEROTRANSCARGO Responding to Novel Coronavirus [COVID-19]
“The safety and wellbeing of our people is our primary concern and it’s important that we stay connected and work together”
Jai Shankar Singh
Chief Executive Officer & Managing Director
We continue to monitor the development of Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19), utilising the guidance of international and local health authorities.
We have taken proactive measures to reduce the risk of the COVID-19 virus to both our employees and business operations. We have in place a number of internal business processes to ensure continuity of service.
In keeping our operations running, we know we also need to modify how we work to keep our employees safe. Here are some of the things we are doing to protect the safety and health of our workforce, by adopting these measures we wish to minimise the risk of infection to our employees, our clients and the general public to ensure continuity of service for future operations.
Protecting our employees:
- We’ve trained our stations around the world in cleaning and disinfecting protocols and are increasing these activities.
- We’ve enacted social distancing procedures, including staggering shifts, implementing a rotating office work schedule, and are modifying workspace and meeting space layouts.
- Instituting self-quarantine for employees with symptoms or any possible exposure
- We are requiring employees to stay at home if they are feeling ill, and encouraging increased hand washing and hygiene practices across all our office premises.
- We are restricting visitors to our office premises.
- Thrice in a day our trained staff will screening employees and visitors to our office.
- Offering generous sick leave arrangements for those who contract the virus.
- Encouraging our employees to follow WHO guidelines for hand washing and social distancing (Awareness & Prevention Program)
- Office disinfection/Sterilization program scheduled on every fortnights.
- COVID-19 safety kits provided to all the crew members and stocked in every aircrafts. (i.e. disposable protective suits, protective disposable face masks 3M, protective glasses and hand sanitizers)
- Aerosteam disinfection cleaning has been done for all three aircrafts, which is approved by Boeing.
In the event an employee suspects has been exposed to COVID-19, or testing confirms it, we will implement an aggressive response plan that our team has developed. This plan includes:
- Mandatory quarantines
- Communication with all who may have been exposed
- Disinfecting work stations and common areas.
These actions are aligned with our preventive health protocols and those of global, regional and national governmental authorities. In the event that local laws require more stringent measures, we will do whatever is necessary to implement them.
Supporting our customers
We have activated our business continuity management plans across the organization. This includes:
- Staying in close contact with our clients/suppliers/vendors to manage the operation
- Equipping our service technicians with additional personal protective equipment as needed,
- Coordinating closely with local, state and national governments.
- Following governmental and health authorities’ guidelines, which vary by location.
We will continue to closely monitor the situation around the world and address our customers’ needs on a case-by-case basis.
Protecting yourself and others from the spread COVID-19
You can reduce your chances of being infected or spreading COVID-19 by taking some simple precautions:
- Regularly and thoroughly clean your hands with an alcohol-based hand rub or wash them with soap and water. Why? Washing your hands with soap and water or using alcohol-based hand rub kills viruses that may be on your hands.
- Maintain at least 1 meter (3 feet) distance between yourself and others. Why? When someone coughs, sneezes, or speaks they spray small liquid droplets from their nose or mouth which may contain virus. If you are too close, you can breathe in the droplets, including the COVID-19 virus if the person has the disease.
- Avoid going to crowded places. Why? Where people come together in crowds, you are more likely to come into close contact with someone that has COIVD-19 and it is more difficult to maintain physical distance of 1 meter (3 feet).
- Avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth. Why? Hands touch many surfaces and can pick up viruses. Once contaminated, hands can transfer the virus to your eyes, nose or mouth. From there, the virus can enter your body and infect you.
- Make sure you, and the people around you, follow good respiratory hygiene. This means covering your mouth and nose with your bent elbow or tissue when you cough or sneeze. Then dispose of the used tissue immediately and wash your hands. Why? Droplets spread virus. By following good respiratory hygiene, you protect the people around you from viruses such as cold, flu and COVID-19.
- Stay home and self-isolate even with minor symptoms such as cough, headache, mild fever, until you recover. Have someone bring you supplies. If you need to leave your house, wear a mask to avoid infecting others. Why? Avoiding contact with others will protect them from possible COVID-19 and other viruses.
- If you have a fever, cough and difficulty breathing, seek medical attention, but call by telephone in advance if possible and follow the directions of your local health authority. Why? National and local authorities will have the most up to date information on the situation in your area. Calling in advance will allow your health care provider to quickly direct you to the right health facility. This will also protect you and help prevent spread of viruses and other infections.